[swift-users] Customizing my custom type's appearance in the debugger

Tim Vermeulen tvermeulen at me.com
Fri Jun 24 17:53:40 CDT 2016

I’ve implemented a linked list. Now I’d like to be able to view the elements of a linked list in the debugger just like with an array. In the debugger, an array is represented like this:

[0] = the first element
[1] = the second element
etc

I wonder if I can do the same for my linked list. I already implemented CustomReflectable, so the code `dump(myLinkedList)` shows this in the console:

3 elements
  - first element
  - second elements
  - third element

I thought this would also change the appearance of my linked list in the debugger, but unfortunately it’s unchanged. Is there a way to do what I’m trying to do?