[swift-users] Discrepancy between sharing internal Swift symbols with Obj-C when in an app vs a framework target

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Sat Jun 4 01:48:27 CDT 2016

> I ran into a major hurdle this week that basically stopped my work in
> its tracks. I've been working on moving a large codebase from an iOS app
> target to a framework target, since we have the same code in multiple
> app targets and it is problematic to have to remember to add new code to
> every single app target when they can all just share a framework.

To be clear: Are you having trouble making the Objective-C and Swift inside your framework talk to each other, or the Objective-C outside your framework talk to the Swift inside your framework?

If it's the latter, then I agree with Jens that this is "works as intended", and you're just going to have to spend some time pasting `public` into your code in a lot of places. But if you're being forced to make Swift APIs public so you can use them from Objective-C *inside* the framework, that might be something worth talking about.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies