[swift-users] Robotics with Swift

Jon Hoffman hoffman.jon at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:14:40 CDT 2016

Is there anyone interested in robotics with Swift?  I created a Swift library named SwiftyBones (https://github.com/hoffmanjon/SwiftyBones <https://github.com/hoffmanjon/SwiftyBones> ) for the BeagleBone Black to connect to the Digital GPIO, Analog IN and PWM pins and was interested in feedback on the library by anyone that is familiar with programming single board computers like the BeagleBone Black or Raspberry PI.  I am especially interested in feedback on the modular design and if it helps or hinders development.  I do have a shell script on the SwiftyBones github page that helps with compiling projects that has multiple source files.

To see how SwiftyBones can be used for robotics, I created a reference project using the SwiftBones library.  The github page is here:  https://github.com/hoffmanjon/SwiftyBones_BuddyBot <https://github.com/hoffmanjon/SwiftyBones_BuddyBot> .  To see the robot in action (definitely a work in progress) you can see the video on the latest blog post:  http://myroboticadventure.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-first-robot-programmed-in-swift.html <http://myroboticadventure.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-first-robot-programmed-in-swift.html>

Thanks,

Jon