[swift-users] Trouble constraining a generic type in an extension

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Wed Apr 13 01:01:44 CDT 2016

> I *think* the feature you’re trying to use is on the todo list for Swift 3, but the last time I said that, I was completely wrong. The swift-evolution mailing list probably has more information.

I think it's on the list of things they'd like to do to generics in the future, but it's a very long list and they might not get to that particular one.

In short, though, my understanding is that there is no principled reason for this limitation; it simply isn't supported yet.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies