[swift-users] libswift frontend ios

Joe Groff jgroff at apple.com
Tue Feb 23 14:09:25 CST 2016

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Ramakrishna Mallireddy <ramakrishna.malli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> While trying to build for iOS, I am stuck here...I am using the build-script to compile, iOS simulator builds are done and for arm all libs are generate except libSwiftIRGen.a, libSwiftSILOptimizer & libSwiftImmediate.a
>
> swift/swift/lib/Immediate/REPL.cpp:39:10: fatal error: 'histedit.h' file not found
>
> #include <histedit.h>
>
> this file is not there for iOS, how to get around this.

libedit probably isn't available on iOS, but it's only used by the compiler-debugging REPL. You can refine the #if here to exclude it from iOS builds:

#if defined(__APPLE__) || defined(__FreeBSD__)
// FIXME: Support REPL on non-Apple platforms. Ubuntu 14.10's editline does not
// include the wide character entry points needed by the REPL yet.
#include <histedit.h>
#endif // __APPLE__

Instead of defined(__APPLE__), defined(__MACOSX__) is probably more appropriate.

-Joe