[swift-users] Make getting a random number more intuitive

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Fri Jan 22 12:24:19 CST 2016

on Thu Jan 21 2016, David Keck <swift-users-AT-swift.org> wrote:

> Is there a plan to make it easier to obtain a random number? Our the
> current method involving arc4random_uniform isn't very obvious IMO.

There's no plan, but it's something we're very interested in having in
the standard library.  The challenge, IMO, is to design something that
produces high-quality results, is intuitive, and is broadly useful.  IMO
we probably want to cover the same kind of ground as
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/random.

--
-Dave