[swift-users] Binding NSTextField value to NSNumber

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Wed Jan 6 14:01:58 CST 2016

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 11:25 AM, Etan Kissling via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I now bind such en object to an NSObjectController,
> and bind the value binding of an NSTextField to the object controller's selection.someNumber key path.

(The quick answer is that NSTextField’s ‘value’ binding is by default an NSString, not an NSNumber. If you want it to be an NSNumber, you’ll need to attach a numeric NSFormatter to the text field. If you have further questions about this, send them to me off-list since this is an off-topic thread.)

—Jens