[swift-users] porting to musl (was: building static binaries / reducing library dependencies?)

Drew Crawford drew at sealedabstract.com
Mon Dec 28 19:26:14 CST 2015

> On Dec 28, 2015, at 7:20 PM, Joe Groff <jgroff at apple.com> wrote:
>
> I can believe LLVM and Clang only build against glibc, but that's not necessarily a problem for compiled executables.

I was attempting to build Swift on a system (specifically, Alpine) which does not have a glibc package.

It may very well be possible to design a cross-compile toolchain to build glibc-free Swift executables from a glibc system.  That kind of question is well outside my knowledge.

But that particular rabbithole does not lead to a swift package for Alpine, so unfortunately, it is of small help for my motivation.