[swift-server-dev] HTTP API v0.1.0

Cory Benfield cbenfield at apple.com
Tue Nov 7 10:02:22 CST 2017

> On 7 Nov 2017, at 15:56, Helge Heß via swift-server-dev <swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> On 7. Nov 2017, at 16:51, Georgios Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is also
>>
>> e) writeHeader => writeHead
>
> The current API uses writeHeader for all headers. (writeHead sounds more like the one single response header). Though I agree it is in line with HTTPRequestHead 🤔

If you want to be really pedantic, you are writing one response header section. The individual elements of the header section are the response line and zero or more header *fields*.

Of course, and I can not stress this enough, these are all details that should not particularly factor in to your decision. They’re absurdly pedantic.