[swift-server-dev] TLSService mini-release

Gelareh Taban gtaban at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 3 09:43:53 CDT 2017

Hi Georgios,

I created this: https://github.com/gtaban/TLSService/issues/7

But this is related to the point raised by Brent:

> > * The buffer-based `willSend` and `willReceive` calls ought to use
`UnsafeRawBufferPointer` and
> > `UnsafeMutableRawBufferPointer` instead of passing the pointer and size
as separate parameters.
> > This `willSend` variant should also be unlabeled.
>
> Makes sense but tbh I was intending to remove those APIs and only support
Data. The data type that these methods
> support depend on the what the socket class will support, which as far as
I understand, have not been defined yet.

> Do you think it still makes sense for us to include the Unsafe
[Mutable]RawBufferPointer versions of the APIs?

If we convert to using buffers, we can omit size altogether. Any thoughts
on above?

g.

From:	Georgios Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at icloud.com>
To:	Gelareh Taban <gtaban at us.ibm.com>
Cc:	swift-server-dev at swift.org
Date:	07/02/2017 12:11 AM
Subject:	Re: [swift-server-dev] TLSService mini-release

Great work, thank you.

One minor thing, I find the parameter name `bufSize` to be non-swifty.
Please consider changing to e.g. `bufferSize` (or even `count`).

-g.