[swift-server-dev] Prototype of the discussed HTTP API Spec

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Sat May 27 05:47:41 CDT 2017

This has clearly sparked a lot more discussion about the API surface,
which is a good thing. Equally we need to progress this towards having a
concrete solution.

Whilst I agree with Paulo's proposal to iterate through the types and APIs
over the coming weeks, I believe we need to do this on a working
implementation rather than abstract definitions (even if those definitions
are code).

What's in the carlbrown/HTTPSketch repo is the result of our last round of
abstract discussions, plus a couple of very minor modifications - we could
revert those before moving over to swift-server, but there's probably
little value in that as we're going to crawl through everything that's
there and debate it all anyway!

As part of moving it over, I'll also try to capture a list of all of the
discussion points from the mailing list and from Paulo's README so that we
make sure we discuss and check off each item.

Chris