[swift-server-dev] Prototype of the discussed HTTP API Spec

Michael Chiu hatsuneyuji at icloud.com
Sat May 27 03:13:30 CDT 2017

Hi Carl

> 	This email thread isn’t about an API proposal. It’s about a prototype implementation of an API that was already proposed and discussed a month and a half ago.  The prototype isn't a full-featured framework like Vapor or Kitura, but it does actually work and it even has XCTests with decent (>75%) code coverage.

I see, I was confused by the email contents instead of reading the subject and thought we are finally implementing some code. TBH, I don’t see any reason why this should not move to swift-server on github, It sounds a good start to me.
Thank you guys’ hard work for building it.

> 	Also, please note that I didn’t play any part in proposing this API back in March/April - it’s not “Carl’s proposal.”  I just took the existing API that the group had previously discussed and implemented enough of it so that we could measure the utility and performance of the API as proposed and so that we could have better informed discussions about potential alternatives.

You’re right. it was Johannes’ proposal, I’m so sorry for that.

Michael.