[swift-server-dev] Prototype of the discussed HTTP API Spec

Carl Brown carl.brown.swift at linuxswift.com
Fri May 26 22:47:01 CDT 2017

> On May 26, 2017, at 8:34 PM, Helge Heß via swift-server-dev <swift-server-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> On May 27, 2017, at 2:50 AM, Paulo Faria <paulo at zewo.io> wrote:
>> I just think HTTP.HTTPRequest is quite weird (that *is* the full name of the type anyway).
>
> Was there a discussion on the module name yet? I would assume it to be more like S3.HTTPRequest, alongside the other protocols. Or is there even an explicit module, or just an abstract API?

We hadn’t.  I called my implementation`HTTPSketch` just because that’s what was in the Subject line of the email thread.

We have to name it something, because we have to put some name in the `Package.swift` file if people are going to be able to `import` it.

I, personally, think that calling it `HTTP` is weird and likely to cause confusion (not to mention make it really hard to find on Google and StackOverflow), but then I spent so long as an iOS developer that I still want to put `NS` on the front of everything, so I might not be the right one to decide.

-Carl

--
Carl Brown, Swift at IBM
Carl.Brown1 at IBM.com (Work)