[swift-server-dev] Prototype of the discussed HTTP API Spec

Paulo Faria paulo at zewo.io
Fri May 26 18:07:12 CDT 2017

Hi, Carl!

I honestly think the code is too overwhelming. I'm also a bit confused
about the IBM dependencies. Is this supposed to stay in the swift server
repos or is it just momentary so we have working code? I'm not very fond of
the first option if it is the case, and about the second option... If it's
just to see working code.. Then we should have in swift server org only the
HTTP module and then have the actual implementation of the framework reside
elsewhere importing HTTP module as a dependency. This way we have an view
of how people will import and use the framework. It also gives the other
frameworks a chance to implement their solutions on top of the common HTTP
module.

I think we should start moving small bits of code, for example, Version,
Headers, Message, Request and Response. After we have that code in the repo
working with all the frameworks which are validating the API, then we move
on to the body (which is probably going to be the hardest part to settle
for everyone). After that we go to the parser/serializer.