[swift-server-dev] [Security] Darwin compatibility?

swizzlr me at swizzlr.co
Mon Feb 6 14:07:48 CST 2017

Hi all,

Considered asking this on the call but thought it might be too out of scope for the kickoff.

Is Darwin compatibility necessary, or at least, is it necessary for the TLS components?

It seems to me that it's highly unlikely that anyone will deploy a web server on a Darwin kernel (i.e. a Mac) for any reasonable project. Why should we waste any time on Darwin compatibility?

This is more of a devil’s advocate position, but looking at it pragmatically it seems hard to justify. Can anyone provide a good reason for Darwin compatibility?

Tom