[swift-server-dev] Database API/Framework

Ron Olson tachoknight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:53:56 CDT 2016

Hi all-

I've been working with Swift more on Linux than macOS and am very
excited to see the formation of this group. Looking at the server api
workgroup's focus, I notice it's primarily low-level interaction with
the operating system. When might it be a good time to bring up the
possibility of creating a database-specific framework for those folks
who want to work directly with Postgres, MySQL, even DB2 and Oracle; I'm
thinking a JDBC-inspired framework that drivers could be written
against.

Thanks,

Ron