[swift-lldb-dev] REPL missing required module 'SwiftGlibc'

Ryan Lovelett swift-dev at ryan.lovelett.me
Wed Apr 13 11:18:42 CDT 2016

In my latest builds (I just build
swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2016-04-12-a) I've noticed that when I
attempt to open the REPL and `import Glibc` the REPL reports:

warning: <REPL>:1:1: warning: #line directive is deprecated, please use
#sourceLocation instead
#line 2 "repl.swift"
^~~~~
#sourceLocation

warning: repl.swift:3:1: warning: #line directive is deprecated, please
use #sourceLocation instead
#line
^~~~~
#sourceLocation

error: repl.swift:2:8: error: missing required module 'SwiftGlibc'
import Glibc

Also lldb seems to suffer from this same issue as well. If I compile a
source and attach to the process and stop at a breakpoint it reports
similar (e.g., `error: missing required module 'SwiftGlibc'`).

I'd use `git bisect` to track down when it started doing that.
Unfortunately this is probably the first time I've ever actually opened
the REPL. So it might have been broken all along.

Incidentally it works just find if I compile a source (`swiftc`) that
imports Glibc.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on where I should begin my
investigation into resolving this?