[swift-lldb-dev] [swift-dev] LLDB Invalid address (32 bit arm)

Todd Fiala tfiala at apple.com
Mon Jan 4 10:50:43 CST 2016

> On Dec 28, 2015, at 10:39 AM, William Dillon via swift-lldb-dev <swift-lldb-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Todd,
>
> Yes, I think that LLDB is more or less working with Swift on ARM.  We can start the REPL and do some tasks with it, though it isn’t all that reliable yet.

I’d love to hear about the reliability piece if you have more details there!

I think I’ve seen the llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> side of that patch.  Somebody else and I had a question about some static casts in there, but we’ll catch up on that side if it is the same patch I’m thinking about.

>  There is a question about that, though.  Joe added armv7l into the ArchSpec table, but I don’t think that armv7l is a real subtype.  I’ve been very confused by the ARM nomenclature on linux (I don’t think I’m alone here), and I think that armv7l means armv7 little endian.  So, should these get converted to armv7 somewhere else and revert the changes to the ArchSpec table?

This is a great question that I am not the right resource to answer.  Greg or Jason, any thoughts here on question of arm subtypes?  (My first take is that I’d expect each subtype to represent a different set of features and instructions available, and not be used solely for an endianness designation, but that’s not an area I do much work in).

-Todd