[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Revamp the playground quicklook APIs

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Sat Jan 13 16:18:58 CST 2018

On Jan 11, 2018, at 1:40 PM, Jonathan Hull via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

>> On Jan 11, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Connor Wakamo via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution at swift.org>> wrote:
>>
>> That’s very reasonable. I’ll update the proposal to use CustomPlaygroundConvertible (unless I or someone else can come up with a really good “Thing” for a name like CustomPlaygroundThingConvertible, as that would even better match CustomStringConvertible/CustomDebugStringConvertible).
>
> CustomPlaygroundPreviewConvertible?

I'm a heavy user of `CustomPlaygroundQuickLookable` (for example, https://i.imgur.com/zOa5OUZ.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/zOa5OUZ.jpg>).  Although I'm happy with the current name, to make it more in line with other convertibles, perhaps:

* CustomPlaygroundQuickLookConvertible
* CustomPlaygroundDisplayConvertible
* CustomPlaygroundValuePresentationConvertible
* CustomPlaygroundPresentationConvertible

-- E