[swift-evolution] Handling unknown cases in enums [RE: SE-0192]

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Fri Jan 12 17:08:10 CST 2018

Okay, I went back to `unknown case` in the proposal, but mentioned Chris's point very specifically: if the compiler emits an error, we should go with `case #unknown` instead. (I'm very strongly in the "warning" camp, though.)

I think the revised proposal is in good shape! (https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/777) I think I've addressed everyone's feedback either in the proposal or on-list, if not necessarily convinced them. If there are no other major comments I'll let Ted know that it's ready to re-run on Monday.

Jordan