[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Random Unification

Jens Persson jens at bitcycle.com
Wed Jan 10 16:39:56 CST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:27 PM, Saagar Jha <saagar at saagarjha.com> wrote:

> Not a floating point expert, but are you sure this works? I have a feeling
> this would lead to a distribution that’s not uniform.

Yes, it would not be uniform, which is exactly what I meant by the last
part of: "Assuming you are ok with signed zero and infinities and "strange"
bias as result of IEEE 754"

Also, I think it's impossible to get a uniform distribution of all non-Nan
Double values (since they include +- infinity).

/Jens