[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Accepted with revisions] SE-0187 “Introduce Sequence.filterMap(_:)”

Nevin Brackett-Rozinsky nevin.brackettrozinsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:52:35 CST 2017

If we’re bikeshedding the verb tense then “compactMap” sounds right to me,
and adding “ing” would be needlessly verbose.

For the non-mapping version, I’d lean toward “compacted”. However, we could
also postpone the debate over its spelling until such time as we are
actually ready to introduce it.

Nevin