[swift-evolution] Proposal: Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

Jon Gilbert swiftevolution at jongilbert.com
Fri Dec 8 18:08:21 CST 2017

See below.

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 02:45, Nick Keets via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Apologies, I may have misunderstood you. What I wanted to say is that I see no problem allowing "dangerous" stuff that may be abused.

You see no problem with danger and abuse?

I guess we have differing philosophies...

https://developer.apple.com/swift/ states:

“Swift eliminates entire classes of unsafe code.”

Lets keep it that way.

I’m all for this proposal if it can be tweaked to where any of the dangerous invocations contain the word, “Unsafe”, or equivalent.

~Jon