[swift-evolution] Proposal: Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 13:08:31 CST 2017

> It is easy to forsee the impact.  Simply look to other language communities that have done similar things.  C# added “dynamic” late in its evolution, which has even more power than what is being proposed here.  What evidence of abuse have you seen?
None, and I have little fear of abuse in general. But I don’t see any benefits either (in Swift).

I also never feared abuse of currying, C-style for loops or post increment — yet people had strong motivations to remove those features.

Right now, some people say the proposed changes will be terrible, and others say they will be wonderful.
All what I’m saying is that real experience would be better than theories.