[swift-evolution] [Pitch #2] Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Tue Nov 21 02:04:01 CST 2017

I’m very happy with this new version of the proposal. Splitting into two protocols makes a lot of sense - the JSON example alone is argument enough.

To bike-shedding: while I understand the need to keep the identifier names verbose, I would prefer the subscript label to be more representative by renaming it to dynamicMember - lookup can be interpreted as a verb, which is odd in a label.