[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Introduce User-defined "Dynamic Member Lookup" Types

Jean-Daniel mailing at xenonium.com
Sat Nov 18 01:44:04 CST 2017

> In Ruby, `myObj.name()` is equivalent to `myObj.name`, and either works. In Swift, I don’t see that it’s possible to make both work with Chris’s proposal.

IIUC, the goal is not to make swift look and behave the same as ruby or python, but to be able to use ruby or python object in a swift way (without indirect call and other nasty constructions).

I don’t see requiring the .property syntax and prohibiting the .property() one as an issue. I would even say this is the thing to do, as it would make the swift code more understandable to Swift dev that are not used to Ruby.