[swift-evolution] update on forum

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri Nov 10 04:28:25 CST 2017

That sounds great to me. I don’t see December as a promise, and as I already mentioned in the other thread, that’s totally fine by me. I think it’s only fair if I say that a little bit more transparency on what’s going on with the forum is already enough for the community.

I’d say we should migrate all existing mailing lists to the new forum. I also would love if the forum wouldn’t be restricted to pure swift evolution. By that I don’t mean I want to see other topics in the evolution category or subforum. What I really meant is that it would really great if the forum could evolve itself as a centralized forum for *all* existing swift platforms. If for instance there would be a subforum for apple platforms, their active members can start showing interest in the language evolution and begin contributing to the evolution process.

Furthermore I really believe that the swift forum will also bring contributors together and make it way easier to find teams that can tackle proposals (authors/implementers) where their process can stay transparent and where we (the community) can follow along and provide feedback.