[swift-evolution] Adding Result to the Standard Library

Rod Brown rodney.brown6 at icloud.com
Sun Nov 5 05:40:43 CST 2017

I was thinking the same thing. Typed throws vs `Error` throws are the two major differences between different Result implementations, and they seem somewhat tied from a discussion perspective.

I agree with others here, I would like to see this added to the library, and I think it’s a generally valuable type that has broad uses beyond the completion handler solution that it’s commonly been used for. But if we add things to do the standard library, they need to be consistent, with the direction of Swift, and that’s a big call at this stage to either write in or out typed throws...

Rod