[swift-evolution] Proposal: Allow operators to have parameters with default values

Dave DeLong swift at davedelong.com
Thu Nov 2 19:40:43 CDT 2017

While I agree that I can’t think of another use-case off the top of my head (curried operators, somehow? Maybe?), I also don’t necessarily see the benefit of restricting it.

As the implementation currently stands, we could add new keywords, like #module or #context (which would capture #file, #line, #function, #module, etc as a single type), without having to change the implementation of IsBinaryOperator() and IsUnaryOperator().

It’s also nice that if a legit use-case ever did come up, the language would support it out-of-the-box without requiring another change.

Dave