[swift-evolution] classprivate protection level?

Mike Kluev mike.kluev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 05:40:58 CDT 2017

On 31 October 2017 at 02:29, Adam Kemp <adam.kemp at apple.com> wrote:

> No, grep would be sufficient as well. The issue is still which files to
> grep in the first place. Everything else comes after that. If you manually
> read files looking for usages of an API you’re changing then I feel sorry
> for you. You’re doing things the hard way.

so you've used grep to search for "foo" in all files of the module (in case
of "internal func foo") and grep returned 50 files.

in case of "classprivate func foo" that would be, say, 10 files. or even 50
files - doesn't matter.

what matters is the actual number of hits of "foo" to review, in the former
case it would be, say "50 files * 10 hits in each" in the latter - "50
files with one hit in each". and in reality even "10 files with one hit in
each". thus the search set to review is much much smaller.

I’m not going to go back and forth on this any longer. We’re going in
> circles. We just don’t agree, and this doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

i agree to disagree.

Mike