[swift-evolution] [draft] Target environment platform condition

Karl Wagner razielim at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 06:43:41 CDT 2017

I’m currently -1 on this, because I don’t think simulator/device is a worthwhile-enough distinction for a built-in condition.

- Are you maybe looking for a Debug/Release condition? Because we already have that, through compile-time variables (the “-D” option).
- Does your platform’s simulator/emulator expose any additional API? Great! Take a look at #canImport…
- Why else would you need to distinguish simulator/device, and why are OS and architecture not sufficient for that case?

Karl