[swift-evolution] Setting expectations on when we move to Discourse

Rod Brown rodney.brown6 at icloud.com
Fri Jul 21 08:29:20 CDT 2017

Perhaps there’s just a lot of work to do at the moment that has a higher priority than getting an improved Swift Community Comms method. I can scarcely fathom the amount of work within Apple being done to make sure Swift 4, iOS 11, macOS High Sierra, Xcode 9, and all the other great projects all get out sometime within the next few months.

My expectation is that once we move past the hard deadlines of these releases, there would be time to start performing this move. The issue isn’t just setting up a server. There are a lot of other issues beyond the actual implementation (legal, setting the conversations up right, scale, security, simple prioritisation of resources to *do* the albeit relatively small amount of work).