[swift-evolution] Idea: Use <Codable> for default implementation of <CustomDebugStringConvertible>?

Jean-Daniel mailing at xenonium.com
Fri Jul 14 05:11:53 CDT 2017

If we generate a default 	• debugDescription for encodable type, I would rather use a human readable formatted string that explicitly do not guarantee to remain stable.

JSON is very limited in the types it supports (it does not even supports date natively). A debug description should not suffer the limitation of the output format.
Maybe we need a custom encoder that uses debugDescription on each field.