[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0182 - String Newline Escaping
clattner at nondot.org
Wed Jul 12 17:52:15 CDT 2017
Hello Swift community,
Context: As part of winding down work on Swift 4, we are considering SE-0182 as a refinement to SE-0168. We are specifically not opening the floodgates for new proposals just yet, and it is not considered in scope to resyntax all of multi-line string literals. We’re just discussing this one potential small-scope refinement to an existing Swift 4 feature.
The review of "String Newline Escaping" begins now and runs through July 17, 2017. The proposal is available here:
Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All reviews should be sent to the swift-evolution mailing list at
or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review manager. When replying, please try to keep the proposal link at the top of the message:
What goes into a review?
The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review through constructive criticism and, eventually, determine the direction of Swift. When writing your review, here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
• What is your evaluation of the proposal?
• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
More information about the Swift evolution process is available at:
More information about the swift-evolution