[swift-evolution] [Request for Feedback] Providing defaults for <Codable> reading and writing.

Benjamin Spratling bspratling at mac.com
Wed Jul 12 18:46:07 CDT 2017

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 7:33 PM, Itai Ferber via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> When the conditional conformance feature arrives in a future Swift release,

Speaking of this, what concerns me is the really long list of approved swift features that haven’t been implemented.  We had a bunch of features approved for Swift 3 that never made it in. Seems like even more this time.  Do we just have scores more people proposing and approving features than implementing?  I’d help out, but I can’t stand writing in C++.

Are we likely to get all the approved features by the Xcode 9 GM?  Or is there going to be a 4.1 later in the winter?  Not having 68, 75, 143 and 157 implemented is a nuisance multiple times per day.

-Ben Spratling