[swift-evolution] Why is the status of SE-0110 "implemented"?

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Mon Jun 5 19:45:01 CDT 2017

> On Jun 5, 2017, at 12:08 AM, Jens Persson via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> So the bug in the reflective type system needs to be fixed before SE-0110 can actually be implemented (so that the statements in its title and text are true when compared to the actual behavior of the current Swift 4 compiler),

Gaps in the reflective type system are bugs, but they are not showstopper bugs.  We do not even expose any way to query the reflective system today; it basically only affects type equality and dynamic casts that programmers are very unlikely to use.  The changes in call type-checking are vastly more important, are implemented (modulo bugs, of course), and by themselves warrant calling SE-0110 implemented.

John.