[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0169: Improve Interaction Between private Declarations and Extensions

T.J. Usiyan griotspeak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:51:52 CDT 2017

   - What is your evaluation of the proposal?

+ 1

   - Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change
   to Swift?

Yes

   - Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

I'm not completely sure.

   - If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature,
   how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

Mixed. I won't get into all of the things I wish it did or did not have.

   - How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick
   reading, or an in-depth study?

I've followed the discussions and read the proposals.

Overall, I don't think that this is necessarily ideal but I do believe that
it would be a net positive for the reasons stated. `private` would become
more common and `fileprivate` less.