[swift-evolution] Yet Another Access Control Pitch: Flexible Scoping

Víctor Pimentel vpimentel at tuenti.com
Sat Apr 15 05:08:14 CDT 2017

> El 15 abr 2017, a las 5:31, Xiaodi Wu via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> escribió:
>
> If we're to talk about ideas and needs, my favored access control design is one that pares back to only two modifiers: public and internal. Either the thing is public API, or it is not. Ditch everything else.

+1

I do still think that SE-0025 was a mistake, and that even more granular options will hurt the simplicity of the language way more than any gains that a small set of authors may gain. And to the detriment of other more useful features or improvements, since this will need to be implemented or at least maintained by the Core team.

--
Víctor Pimentel