[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0168: Multi-Line String Literals

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:53:37 CDT 2017

I agree the sentiment is entirely positive, but speaking for myself only, I
would not like to see this proposal accepted in its current form.

It needs to be returned for more design and discussion. The idea of
multiline strings is not at issue here, except for a small minority of
community members, but rather the specific design.

Clearly, the proposal authors have a design in mind, but it is not
documented anywhere and cannot (or at least, should not) be accepted for
Swift sight-unseen. My questions, at least, remain almost entirely
unanswered. And they are not even critiques of the design, they are
questions about what the design _is_.