[swift-evolution] Code blocks and trailing closures

Rien Rien at Balancingrock.nl
Wed Mar 15 06:08:01 CDT 2017

If I wrote this:

if serverCert.write(to: certificateUrl) { showErrorInKeyWindow(message); return }

then the meaning of return would have been different.

Imo it is a problem that two pieces of code impact the understanding of each other and that those two pieces of code could potentially be very far apart.

I do agree that the parenthesis are not a perfect solution, it was just the first thing that I could think of and that has some level of similarity in meaning.

Regards,
Rien

Site: http://balancingrock.nl
Blog: http://swiftrien.blogspot.com