[swift-evolution] [draft] Add `clamped(to:)` to the stdlib

David Rönnqvist david.ronnqvist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 05:05:00 CDT 2017

It might be worth mentioning (for background) that the various Range types already have a `clamped(to:)`. The proposed solution is consistent with that (as opposed to for example a free function).
I’m not sure if a free function should be considered an alternative. It’s probably fine not listing any alternatives.
The motivation section could benefit from one or two examples of what/when clamping is used. That could help someone who haven’t used it to judge it’s usefulness as part of the standard library.

- David