[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0156: Class and Subtype existentials

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Mar 3 08:23:41 CST 2017

Using ": class" always felt wrong for me — but only because of the convention that type names should start uppercase:
What is wrong with "Class" instead of "AnyObject"?
Object is a very broad term, and it isn't that uncommon to use it for all kinds of entities (not only reference types).
And what if we ever decide that restricting protocols to structs or enums should be allowed as well?
Or maybe there are secret plans to add new reference types to Swift? ;-)