[swift-evolution] [Discussion] What is the future of tuples in Swift?

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Mar 3 06:35:45 CST 2017

> I think that tuples should remain what they are now. Static-length vectors should be types on their own and interact with tuples, with structs and with Array<…> in the same way.

I strongly agree: Fixed-size vectors are a well known and simple concept that shouldn't be conflated with tuples.

Afair there was a time when Swift had no set-type, and I think we are lucky that it was added, instead of forcing us to use other collections instead.
Mixing array and tuple feels like having a switch for array to behave like a set...