[swift-evolution] [Re-Review] SE-0104: Protocol-oriented integers

Karl Wagner razielim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 14:02:13 CST 2017

> 	• What is your evaluation of the proposal?

+1

I assume the “SignedNumber” protocol is the same as the existing one in the standard library. That is to say, Strideable.Stride will now conform to Number and have operators.

Also minor nitpick, would it be too onerous to require Number.Magnitude to be Comparable? Currently it’s only Equatable and ExpressibleByIntegerLiteral.

> 	• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Sure is

> 	• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yup

> 	• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

Nope

> 	• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Followed previous discussions, read proposal twice.

- Karl