[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Refactor Metatypes

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri Feb 17 10:09:31 CST 2017

Personally I’d like a shortcut like AnyType, but it won’t work as a typealias, because it will create a circle reference between AnyType and AnyType<T>.

However, there is a small possibility that this type might be generalized like Any (now possibly AnyObject) directly into the language. That would probably allow us to use AnyType as a shortcut to AnyType<Any>.

I’m not sure if this should be part of our proposal or not. I’d like to have some more feedback from the core team on this one.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail