[swift-evolution] Proposal to change Logical NOT Operator from exclamation mark ( ! ) to something else

André “Zephyz” Videla andre.videla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:55:00 CST 2017

As of today, this is possible:

prefix operator ¬
prefix func ¬ (value: Bool) -> Bool {
    return !value
}

let t = true
let f = ¬t

I have to admit that I quite like this but it has a couple drawbacks:
1: if you've never seen the ¬ operator in math it makes no more sense than "!"
2: It's quite tricky to find on your keyboard depending on your layout
3: maybe ~ is a better fit?

Seems like a lot of work for a very small improvement. But I'm all for it.

André