[swift-evolution] [swift-users] Plan to move swift-evolution and swift-users mailing lists to Discourse

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Feb 15 07:27:41 CST 2017

That’s the other side of the coin, but it does not prevent you from putting anything you’d like to as your profile picture. The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think anyone wants to moderate such content, but that’s only a personal preference of mine. ;)

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 15. Februar 2017 um 13:30:53, Brent Royal-Gordon (brent at architechies.com) schrieb:

> On Feb 9, 2017, at 6:17 AM, Adrian Zubarev via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Personally I’d prefer (if possible) that we’d remove profile pictures from the forum and simply have only full names (colored?) + some kind of annotation (e.g. Core Team, etc.). Profile pictures are only gimmicks that does not contribute to anything at all.

Personally, in mediums which offer profile pictures, I usually recognize people by profile picture, not by name. The more you can communicate without reading, the better.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies