[swift-evolution] array splatting for variadic parameters

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 05:00:57 CST 2017

> I didn't get an especially positive response to the proposal at the time, but it is still very much my preferred solution.

I'm convinced that the timing had a very huge impact on the reaction:
It was a very busy period, and I had a strong impression that people just wanted to limit the workload for the next milestone.

Imho "…"-variadics are a C-legacy that is a much worse fit for Swift than things that have been abandoned during times with higher motivation for such changes (I'm thinking of the for-loop and the increment/decrement operators).

For me, the change not only removes a strange syntax and type oddity, making Swift easier to understand — it also makes the language more powerful without additional cost.