[swift-evolution] [swift-users] Plan to move swift-evolution and swift-users mailing lists to Discourse

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Thu Feb 9 06:50:11 CST 2017

That last one is horrible to even look at (that’s my personal point of view). It’s packed full with unnecessary UI, which reminds me of the time when html-tables ruled all over the place. Discourse has a nice minimalistic look and I’m sure people that will setup the forum will tweak it to make it feel more appropriate for Swift, just like the design of the evolution-page was tweaked several times.

Here is really good example of how a huge/popular topic like the current one or String in Swift 4 would look like with Discourse (I picked one from Rust with lots of replies): https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/

+1 for Discourse, I think it really is the right choice.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail