[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Jeremy Pereira jeremy.j.pereira at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 3 04:46:37 CST 2017

I’m not a fan of moving to a forum or equivalent, however, I’m coming round to the idea. I’d be fine with it as long as the following features were included:

* configurable so that I am emailed all new topics and new posts (or RSS equivalent)

* Support for markdown, ideally the GitHub dialect

* moderation for off topic posts and spam

From my brief scan of their web site, Discourse seems to fit the bill but it does talk about threads being a single dynamically loaded page rather than multiple pages. How well does that work when a thread has a thousand posts in it?